Five reasons why PE (polyethylene) films are less environmentally harmful than paper:
- Paper production requires up to 90% more energy
- For every 1 kg paper 2 kg wood is consumed + petrol
- 3–13 times more carbon monoxide, sulphur oxide and nitrogen oxide
- 2–3 times greater paper thickness required to provide same strength as PE
- PE can be recycled as often as required
Industry should therefore continue to use plastic films as the number one packaging material. You can also find out more about this in our FILMS section or contact us.